Good morning and Happy New Year! The other day while perusing Facebook I came across a friends post – her “word of the year.” It was one of those fun and silly generators we’ve all done a time or two. I was curious as to what word would be generated for me and decided to give it a whirl. My word came back as “Innovation.” I giggled a little since this could not be a more perfect word as we head into 2016. I’ve got big goals and will certainly need to be innovative to achieve them!
- Build up a 3 month supply of food storage with a system for inventory and food rotation
- Do more freezer cooking
- Continue to source and add more organic and farm fresh foods into our grocery budget
- Plant a spring/summer garden
- Increase our rate of savings
- Find savings in each of our spending categories
- Plan and actually have a yard sale (clutter- we’ve got it!)
- Save for a home improvement project
- Pay off our credit card debt in full (this will likely spill into 2017)
- Have at least two family fun days each month
- Have at least two date nights each month
- Take a family vacation over summer break
- Do more with the kiddos. More projects, more reading, more water balloon fights, etc. You get the picture- commit to being present!
- For me- read more, sew more, create more! Take some time for myself- it is more than okay and healthy!
- Exercise in some way shape or form at least four times a week
- Lose twenty five pounds – this is a MUST for this year.