Every year I start off by saying “I can’t believe how fast 20xx went by!” I mean it! I really truly felt like 2015 was a flash- time seemed to always get away from me and I was left with the feeling I could have done more.
I hope to be more intentional in 2016. My plan is to set some simple and achievable goals each month and take it one step at a time. With any luck by the end of the year I will feel as though much more was accomplished.
So lets start with a peek into January shall we?
- make cookies, muffins, taco meat, pizza sauce, and spaghetti sauce for the freezer
- eat from the freezer to make room for the above. We have a gazillion pounds of soup in there. We’ll have soup at least once a week to thin it out.
- begin shopping for a 3 month supply of groceries (will share my list/plan soon)
- iron out 1st quarter budget. Decide what envelopes (sinking funds) we are going to fill for January.
- look for savings in the following areas- insurance (vehicle), cell phones, cable (not ready to “cut the cord” but I know researching our options will take time.)
- start gathering yard sale items from around the house.
- plan two family days (one trip to the Children’s Museum and a trip to the new library?)
- plan two date nights (Done! we are going to a 40th birthday party and have plans to go out with my brother and SIL)
- read two books (I am almost finished with Dark Places and have a huge stack of books waiting for me)
- start our 2016 Project Life family album
- drink 8 glasses of water a day and manage my diet better.
- exercise at least 4 days a week (I have an exercise bike- I want to find some free videos for cardio on YouTube or via the library to use as well. If weather permits I will also walk.)
- try one Pinterest Project. I am hoping to make a quick apron to gift someone should it turn out well.
- work on setting a better daily schedule.