Can you believe that January 2016 is already in the books? Getting sick in January really slowed me down. Here’s what did and did not happen:
- make cookies,
muffins, taco meat, pizza sauce, and spaghetti sauce for the freezer. I made muffins, taco meat, sloppy joes, and meatloaf. eat from the freezer to make room for the above. We have a gazillion pounds of soup in there. We’ll have soup at least once a week to thin it out.When I got sick we used up some freezer items. We did eat some soup and I gave some away to my mom. begin shopping for a 3 month supply of groceries (will share my list/plan soon)You can see my plan here. I purchased lots of pasta, canned tomato sauce, and water in January.
- iron out 1st quarter budget. Decide what envelopes (sinking funds) we are going to fill for January. This remains a work in progress. We had a few things pop up and adjustments need to be made.
- look for savings in the following areas- insurance (vehicle), cell phones, cable (not ready to “cut the cord” but I know researching our options will take time.) Still a work in progress. We did agree to go ahead and order an HD Antenna which I will take from Februarys budget.
start gathering yard sale items from around the house. I did put some things aside.
- plan two family days (one trip to the Children’s Museum and a trip to the new library?) Didn’t happen. Darn pneumonia!
- plan two date nights (Done! we are going to a 40th birthday party and have plans to go out with my brother and SIL) We just went out last night. So 50/50!
- read two books (I am almost finished with Dark Places and have a huge stack of books waiting for me) I actually read 3! Lots of time resting in bed.
- start our 2016 Project Life family album. Nope. Sad face.
- drink 8 glasses of water a day and manage my diet better. I did a little better.
- exercise at least 4 days a week (I have an exercise bike- I want to find some free videos for cardio on YouTube or via the library to use as well. If weather permits I will also walk.) I started off strong and actually lost 5 pounds. Can’t wait to feel better and get back to this!
- try one Pinterest Project. I am hoping to make a quick apron to gift someone should it turn out well. Nope.
- work on setting a better daily schedule. and…..nope.
Hoping for a more productive February. How was everyone else’s January? Did you accomplish all you wanted to?